Monday, November 24, 2014

Every Kid Has Their Day: Meet Charlie

Can you remember that first day of school? I can remember being excited. The whole week of school shopping for just the right school box (they call them pencil or supply boxes now and sadly they're all plastic or aluminum unlike the cardboard ones I had), the coolest lunch box (yes, I am talking about the metal ones. I had Strawberry Shortcake and Inspector Gadget), and the backpack had to be perfect with just the right cartoon character or color. I don't remember clothes being that important except for the shoes. My first year of school, which was at a private school, meant I got shiny new black paten leather t-strap shoes that I was forever pretending I was a tap dance superstar since they clacked across the hallway linoleum and every other hard surface. Not everyone though is excited about their first day of school. Charlie for example wasn't excited at all. For some kids, it's a scary experience.

Charlie doesn't want to go to school. He would much rather stay at home with all his toys, his dog, and most of all his mom. Charlie has to go to a place called "school" and from his point of view, it's the scariest place ever! Is the school really filled with monsters and ready to eat Charlie up or is Charlie's fear of a new place just getting the better of him?

Read more about Charlie and his first day of school adventures in my book, Every Kid Has Their Day.



Get it now for your child's tablet, I-pad, Nook, or E-reader.

Purchase a copy for your local elementary school or public library today in time for the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment